From: "Nick Roberts" <Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: identify floating-point types
Date: 1999/03/19
Date: 1999-03-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Well, with some languages (notably C and C++), on some machines, there are
multiple parameter (and memory format) conventions.  But, I have to admit, I
think, in practice, Fortran conventions tend to be pretty consistent, for
any one particular architecture.  There's no harm in checking to make
absolutely sure, though.  (And, shocking as it may sound, compilers do have
bugs, occasionally ;-)

Nick Roberts

<7csl7e$26b$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...