From: awdorrin <awdorrin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Calling Ada Procedure from C - how to handle a char ptr/array
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:33:01 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2011-11-21T08:33:01-08:00	[thread overview]

I've been side-tracked on another task this morning so I haven't had a
chance to investigate this further, but wanted to respond with a
'Thanks' for the suggestions and the related information.

My familiarity with Ada is limited - I understand the basics but when
interfacing with C, I have a tendency to get myself confused - since
it seems that a lot of the 'constraint' information that Ada uses is
packed in different locations depending upon the compiler. The
original programmers of this code made some assumptions that do
appears to be entirely compiler dependent and are not portable moving
to GNAT.

It would seem that modifying my approach to use the
Interfaces.C.strings and char_ptr would make more sense.

Thanks!