From: Alan Brain <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
Subject: Re: Looking for Ada programmers
Date: 1996/03/26
Date: 1996-03-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk) wrote:

>The Right Reverend Colin James III (cjames@melchizedek.cec-services.com)
>wrote with deletions:

>: It is ISO9000 ratings that are magic in Europe

>Being over there, I can agree on that. Of course, the company
>I work for has ISO certificates, but then, so has my garage.

>The main value of ISO9000 is in getting the paperwork straight, it
>has little to no impact on the contents of the actual production process.
>Basically ISO9000 says: do what you like, but document it.

Tag, Jerry

I assumed that since the context of the article was about Software
Process Control ( he went on about CMM etc ) that what he probably meant
was the ISO SPICE effort :

 http://www-sqi.cit.gu.edu.au/spice/welcome.html

rather than ISO 9001 per se ( 9001 being the ISO standard on Software
Engineering, 9000 being general Quality Provisions). AS 3567 is the
Australian equivalent anyway for Oz lurkers.

That's why I just referred to 'the ISO standard' in my reply.

Tot Struiks