From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Not visible
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:56:25 +0200
Date: 2009-06-24T11:56:25+02:00	[thread overview]

Pietro Tornaindietro schrieb:
> hi, i'm a newbie.
>
> i'm using APQ.
>
> ith APQ.PostgreSQL, APQ.PostgreSQL.Client;
> with Ada.exceptions;
> with Text_IO;
> use Text_IO;
> use Ada.exceptions;
> with APQ.PostgreSQL, APQ.PostgreSQL.Client;
>
> procedure aa33 is
>    use APQ.PostgreSQL, APQ.PostgreSQL.Client;
>
>    C : Connection_Type;
> begin
> 	Connect(C);
>
> exception
>    when Not_Connected =>
>

> and when i compile this code, gnat tells me " "Not_Connected" is not
> visible".
>
> what's the problem?

Where is Not_Connected declared?
In case it is declared in APQ, the declarations of APQ
aren't visible directly.  "use P1.P2" makes the declarations
of P2 directly visible, but not those of P1.
In case there are two declarations of exception Not_Connected,
one in APQ.PostgreSQL and one in APQ.PostgreSQL.Client (though
I'd doubt it), then making both names directly visible by
"use"ing both packages leads to a conflict.