From: "Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: GNAT Ada.Directories implementation and Windows file name
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:42:27 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-05-05T16:42:27-07:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

It's a long time I did not get my eyes here :p (will be back soon for
some questions which raised into my mind a few days ago)

I've meet a trouble with an Ada 2005 application which traverse
directories using Ada.Directories.Search. Whenever a file or directory
name contains a character like “ É ” or “ À ”, which are valid within
Windows file name, the application ends with the message “ raised
ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.NAME_ERROR : invalid simple name ” follow by the
file name.

Do someone know about it ? Is it a GNAT Ada.Directories implementation
trouble ? Is it the same on Unix-like ? (I know some Unix-like allow
this kind of characters in filenames).

Have a nice time and read you soon.

Yannick