From: Gautier <gautier@fakeaddress.nil>
Subject: Re: Dynamic allocation of named arrays
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:14:15 +0200
Date: 2008-04-29T22:14:15+02:00	[thread overview]

Kim Rostgaard Christensen wrote:

> Hello
>
> I need an array that has both variable length key and value (strings)
> that is dynamically allocated at run-time.
>
> I have looked at ada05's "Containers.Hashed_maps" but am missing a good
> example on usage

with Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Hash;

   package Dictionaries is new Ada.Containers.Hashed_Maps
             (Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Unbounded_String,
              Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Unbounded_String,
              Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Hash,
              equivalent_keys => Ada.Strings.Unbounded."=");

For a full example, search "Texture_Name_Mapping" in:

http://globe3d.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/globe3d/src/globe_3d-textures.adb?revision=78&view=markup

 > , and would like to use something more portable.

Well, how can it be more portable ?!...
Do you mean with some Ada 95 compilers ?
Gautier         -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm
Ada programming -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm