From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@nospam.please>
Subject: Re: Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Doubly_Linked_Lists
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:39:19 +0200
Date: 2007-02-05T22:39:19+02:00	[thread overview]

Carroll, Andrew wrote:
> [ ... ]
> Package Attribute_List is new new
> Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Doubly_Linked_Lists (Attribute);
>
> Type Table is record
> 	Name: String(50);
> 	Attributes:  Attribute_List;
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Should be            Attribute_List.List;
because Attribute_List is a package that manages lists of Attributes,
not a data type. The data type is Attribute_List.List.

> End record

> Package Table_List is new Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Doubly_Linked_Lists
> (Table);

I find it clearer to use names in plural form for packages that manage
many objects of a given type. In this case I would use the name
Attribute_Lists (not ..._List) for the package that manages lists of
Attribute objects (each such list is an object of type
Attribute_Lists.List). I would use the name Table_Lists for the package
that manages lists of Table objects (each such list is an object of type
Table_Lists.List).

The language-defined Ada packages use the same convention, for example
Ada.Containers.Doubly_Linked_Lists (not ..._List). Of course you can use
any names you like.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd