From: Manuel Collado <m.collado@lml.ls.fi.upm.es>
Subject: Re: gnat: symbolic traceback on exceptions
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:05:59 +0200
Date: 2005-05-24T13:05:59+02:00	[thread overview]

Bernd Specht escribi�:
> Manuel Collado <m.collado@lml.ls.fi.upm.es> wrote in
>
>>Using gnat 3.15p on WindowsXP. Wanted symbolic traceback automatically
>>generated on unhandled exceptions. Mainly for student programs.
>
> Did you try it with AdaGide with switch "Trace exception" set? Compile F3,
> run F4.

No, I din't. But I've done it now without success. It seems that the
"Trace exceptions" option lets AdaGide to run the program through an
"AD" utility that interfaces with GDB. In my machine AD itself seems to
crash. Example:
------------------------------------
  1
AD: executable=.\a_test.exe

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : ad_siph.adb:143
AD crashes... Re-run with /D option for details
Bug report GNAT/DOS: Gautier.deMontmollin@Maths.UniNe.CH
            GNAT/NT:  mcc@cs.usafa.af.mil

raised ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.USE_ERROR : s-fileio.adb:813

The /D option does nothing.

Thanks, anyway.
--
To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
in the given address:  m.collado -> mcollado