From: Adrien Plisson <aplisson-news@stochastique.net>
Subject: system interrupt handler programming on a PC under windows
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:11:00 +0100
Date: 2004-11-24T13:11:00+01:00	[thread overview]

hello everyone !

i wonder if anyone can explain me (or give me a pointer to an explanation) how
i can set up an interrupt handler under windows to interact with a PCI board
plugged into my computer.

in my company we are using a PCI I/O board which is only programmable through
the use of a library available only for C, VB and Pascal. i would like to
interract with this board from Ada, but writing a thin binding over the library
does not lead to anything useful. so i would like to create a really thick
binding by interacting directly with the board.

this board is very well documented: i have all the interresting values address
expressed in term of BASE address + offset and all seems ok for me to read or
write them (or they wouldn't have documented this).

but i need to set up an interrupt handler to get notified of events. i started
using Ada.Interrupts but discovered that the I/O board interrupt is reserved so
i can't register my own interrupt handler.

so, how can I override the default handler ? is it safe to do it ? what about
shared interrupts ? in short, i want to know everything you can tell me about
system interrupt handling from Ada...

thanks in advance.

--
rien