From: jan.de.kruyf@gmail.com
Subject: Arm - ravenscar - exceptions - last chance handler
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 07:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-05-30T07:26:54-07:00	[thread overview]

Could someone interprete this code for me (from the runtime) and advise

-------------------------------
package body Ada.Exceptions is

   ---------------------
   -- Raise_Exception --
   ---------------------

   procedure Raise_Exception (E : Exception_Id; Message : String := "") is
      pragma Unreferenced (E);

      procedure Last_Chance_Handler (Msg : System.Address; Line : Integer);
      pragma Import (C, Last_Chance_Handler, "__gnat_last_chance_handler");
      pragma No_Return (Last_Chance_Handler);

   begin
      Last_Chance_Handler (Message'Address, 0);
   end Raise_Exception;

end Ada.Exceptions;

How is last chance handler going to know the --length-- of the message?

because I like to issue a printk before I die when in the linux kernel.

I have used last chance handler in gdb by looking at the memory, but kernel modules are not debugged that way.

If we say that I have to append an ASCII.NUL when I raise an exception then it runs havoc with the other runtime modules where exceptions are used.

Thanks,

j.