From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Ada access vs C/C++ pointers and references
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:03:29 GMT
Date: 2004-08-19T12:03:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Study Chapter 13 of the ARM.

Most Ada books - while being good with the general language features -
tend to blip over all the things about Ada that make it great for
embedded work. Reading the ARM is difficult and tedious, but if you root
out all the interesting features you'll find it is far more friendly for
embedded programming than most people make it out to be.

MDC

j wrote:
> Hey avionics guys, please share your knowledge and experience,
>
> I am starting a new job - Ada in avionics.
>
> Any suggestions or recommendations for: what to know,  first thing to study
> if you don't know, training books, pitfalls to watch for, 'soft' skills?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm

Send Replies To: m   o   d   c @ a   m   o   g
                    c   n   i       c   .   r

     "Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat"
         -- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy 1981-1987