From: "John M. Resler" <John-Resler@cox.net>
Subject: Redirecting Standard Error...
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 04:27:43 GMT
Date: 2002-08-03T04:27:43+00:00	[thread overview]

I have written an asis application that generates a lot of messages to
standard error that are not pertinent to my application but nonetheless
unsightly. I have attempted to redirect standard_error with the
following lines to a log file and receive no exceptions but the asis
initialization, association and open procedures continue to generate the
standard_error output. Can anyone tell me over and above what I am
doing, how I might get around this?

    -- code here for testing if file exists already, etc.
    -- redirect standard_error
    Ada.Wide_Text_IO.Open( File => Warnings_File,
                           Mode => Ada.Wide_Text_IO.Append_File,
                           Name => "asis_warnings.txt" );

    Ada.Wide_Text_IO.Set_Error( File => Warnings_File );

    -- initialize the asis environment
    Asis.Implementation.Initialize;
    Asis.Ada_Environments.Associate ( The_Context, "The_Context", "-CA");
    Asis.Ada_Environments.Open ( The_Context );