From: Pheet <a.pheet@NOTINNEDMEATntlworld.com>
Subject: Output to Printer Problems
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 15:39:24 +0100
Date: 2002-06-09T15:39:24+01:00	[thread overview]

Hiya,

I am having problems printing with ada. I'm using GNAT 3.13p
(GCC 2.8.1) on a Win98 box (yes, I know, don't ask).

I'm trying code along these lines:

with Text_IO;
use Text_io;

Procedure Print is
File:FIle_Type;
Begin
	open (File, Out_Mode, "LPT1");
	put(File, "Hello Printer!");
	close(File);
end print;

My printer is definitely called LPT1 'cause it's there in the hardware
profile and i can do:
>type test.txt > LPT1
from the dos prompt and this works as expected.

The error I get is always ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.STATUS_ERROR , not a name
error.

Any ideas or suggestions on this would be greatfully appreciated, as
it's starting to irritate me now! :-)

TIA,

Pheet