From: James Rogers <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Generic Formal Parameter for a Task Type
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:58:56 GMT
Date: 2001-03-09T04:58:56+00:00	[thread overview]

Pat Rogers wrote:

> See RM C.7.1 for package Ada.Task_Identification, specifically function
> Is_Terminated.  That may be enough...

According to RM C.7.1(5):
"A value of the type Task_ID identifies an existent task. The constant
Null_Task_Id does not identify and task. Each object of the type
Task_ID is default initialized to the value of Null_Task_Id."

This means that I would need to create the task object outside the
generic package. Inside the generic package I could not clearly
identify the limited private type as a task. It could not, therefore
have a Task_ID. My generic package cannot control the creation
of task objects outside its own scope. I must be able to create the
task object within the scope of the generic package.

The best I could do inside the generic package is create a number
of Task_ID objects, all with the default value of Null_Task_Id.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA