From: Al Johnston <sofeise@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: New to ada95: porting
Date: 2000/02/29
Date: 2000-02-29T23:13:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Most of your questions are TBD at this point... I don't have enough
info yet on what and were the problems are or how to do this
in ada95 yet.  I am spending must of my time analyzing my source
to find where the problems are and what does my universe of
"problem" structures look like.  the one I gave you is typical,
but most of the stuff is a lot simpler... but there are quite a few
of this level of complexity and a half dozen or so that are
worse (2d unconstrained arrays).

I would have to look up the real definition which covers
any dimension unconstrained array... but for the 1-d case
it occupies the 4 longwords (128 bits) before the beginning
of the data.  when you deference a pointer to the object
or do a 'address on the object the address given is the
address at the start of the data.  'size is the size of the
data, excluding the size of the dope vector.  The
vector is:

    size of Element
    lower bound
    upper bound
    num of bytes occupied by data

the last entry is derivable from the first 3, and does not include the
size of the dope vector itself.