From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Purposes of Ada.Task_Identification
Date: 1999/06/24
Date: 1999-06-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jim Rogers wrote:

>  I occasionally wonder what the intended purpose of the package
> Ada.Task_Identification is. ...

> Is the only real use of this package to determine if two different
> ID objects refer to the same task?

Task IDs are used in a number of other packages.  For example,
the Dynamic_Priorities package relies on task IDs for setting
and getting the priority of another task.  As others have pointed
out, task IDs are also useful for managing a heterogenous
collection of tasks by stuffing their task IDs into an array.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)