From: "Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen" <jensentt@uredd.sjo.statkart.no>
Subject: Re: Clear screen command?
Date: 1998/03/05
Date: 1998-03-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jeremy Mlazovsky wrote:

> Right now, I am stuck doing the generic ADA output that pushes the screen up
> one line at a time as another line of text is output.
>
> I need to know how to clear the screen after a certain number of lines have
> been output to the screen.
>
> Is there some way to make it so that the screen is "locked" in one position,
> so that text at the top of the screen remains at the top, and subsequent
> lines of output go to the bottom of the screen?

This is all completely dependent on the terminal used to view the result. If you
want this to  work on a DEC compatible terminal, you are lucky, but you will
have to read up on the escape sequences that will make the terminal behave like
you want.

Your luck with other terminals (ansi.sys, etc) may vary.