From: John Cupak {73739} <jcj@swl.msd.ray.com>
Subject: Re: How do I insert a carriage return into a multi-line text box (ObjectAda)?
Date: 1997/09/11
Date: 1997-09-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Meyer Jeffrey D wrote:

> I am writing an application that is using a multi-line text box for a
> status/output window.  I cannot, however, insert a carriage return
> character to advance the cursor to the next line for a new status
> output.  I can insert an ASCII code 13 (carriage return character), but
> instead of performing a CR, a vertical bar (signifying a non-printable
> character) is inserted into the text box.
>
> Does anybody know if it possible to use a multi-line tet box in this
> fashion, or do I need to wait for a version of ObjectAda that lets me
> use OCX controls (such as a Rich Text Box)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff Meyer

Jeff,

You should be able to concatenate the ASCII.NL character, as follows:

   Message : constant String :=
             "Are you REALLY sure you want to delete the file?" &
              ASCII.NL &
             "Select YES or NO button, below.";

-                   John J. Cupak Jr, CCP                      -
- Raytheon Electronic Systems: Software Engineering Laboratory -
- tel: 508-858-1222     email (work): jcj@swl.msd.ray.com      -
- fax: 508-858-4336     email (home): jcupak@aol.com           -