Rick Thorne wrote:
In article <01bc2d83$4ca9e6a0$6966f4ce@wickline>, "Warren Wickline"
<wickline@comp-res.com> wrote:

> I'm still a college student, and I was wondering if anyone could help me
> find a cheap ada compiler.

For the PC?!?  This is kind of like asking "Gee, I'm married with 8 kids.
Can anyone help me get a cheap divorce and keep my child support to a
minimum?"
Not really - GNAT is free, as is the ADACAPS�IDE which runs with it.  Try ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu (at least I think that's it :))

As a college student, why are you bothering with Ada anyway?  My
recommendations:
Some universities and colleges, like mine now use Ada rather than Pascal and C for teching programming.  I was forced to learn Ada 83 and now Ada-95 just because my Uni.  decided to change my course on me.

1) Learn C, C++, Java, and other language technologies that actually have
a future in the US.

2) Don't sweat Ada unless you get a job in a US DoD contractor's shop or a
job in Europe, then let THEM pay you to work while you learn the language.
Cheers,

john Breen