From: Dave Wood <dpw@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: object Ada
Date: 1997/01/25
Date: 1997-01-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wasiq Hasan wrote:

> hi i just got ObjectAda from thomson software.
> Is there ant refrence material for it?
>
> I want to call win32 api to read data from
> rs-232. do I need a vxd or i can just call
> the api?
>
> i'm using win95.
>
> anybody has any example.
>
> thanks
>
> Wasiq

Unlike Windows 3.1, Windows NT does not allow INT21 or BIOS
access to the communication ports; if such access is required,
the DDK should be used to develop a driver to carry out the
function.  That being said, the communication ports can be
opened and used via the CreateFile, ReadFile and WriteFile
API calls. The following functions are also available for
use with communications devices.

    BuildCommDCB
    BuildCommDCBAndTimeouts
    ClearCommBreak
    ClearCommError
    CommConfigDialog
    DeviceIoControl
    EscapeCommFunction
    GetCommConfig
    GetCommMask
    GetCommModemStatus
    GetCommProperties
    GetCommState
    GetCommTimeouts
    GetDefaultCommConfig
    PurgeComm
    SetCommBreak
    SetCommConfig
    SetCommMask
    SetCommState
    SetCommTimeouts
    SetDefaultCommConfig
    SetupComm
    TransmitCommChar
    WaitCommEvent

For further details, consult the appropriate Microsoft
documentation.

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix - "Ada with an Attitude"