From: "Brett M. Kettering" <brettk@llnl.gov>
Subject: Ada bindings to C++
Date: 1996/12/04
Date: 1996-12-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have written Ada bindings to C in both Ada 83 and Ada 95.  The
Interfaces.C package and pragma Convention of Ada 95 really make this a
lot easier.  Lately I have been considering Ada 95 bindings to C++.

Can I get some input from persons that have written Ada 95 bindings to
C++?  In my readings I have learned that the C++ class construct is
analogous to the C struct.  So, this would imply that a binding to a
class becomes an Ada 95 record that contains pointers to functions, as
well as the Ada 95 versions of C data, as its elements?  What about
class objects that are "thrown" as exceptions?

How does one go about using pragmas Import and Convention to bring these
functions into an Ada 95 program to be called?

Does the "c2ada" translator convert C++ header files to Ada 95 bindings?

Thanks for any leads.

Brett

Brett M. Kettering
LLNL   P.O. Box 808 L-493   Livermore, CA.  94550
E-mail: brettk@llnl.gov
Voice : (510) 423-3467
FAX   : (510) 422-1930