From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: Gnoga Latest Updates
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:24:56 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-10-13T17:24:56-07:00	[thread overview]

My gut feeling based on this issue and a previous issue that I worked around is that the AWS web socket events are using system threads and not Ada tasks and there is some incompatibility between them.

Pascal Obry should know off hand how the web socket events are being implemented. I'll look at the code at some later date. If not as I suspect then part of some larger GNAT bug for sure.

The "fix" would be to do what I had to do for the On_Message events, but in AWS, and that is hand off to another Ada task to do the dispatching. (I still need to go add the code to clean up the Ada Task records being created internally by GNAT since I am using dynamic tasks instead of a task pool, or I just need to switch to a task pool, will see).

That is the work around I'll try now as well, but something like that should likely be part of AWS. It is also likely why ATC will break things and likely I bet the cause of past issues I had with PolyORB and ATC. I don't have AdaCore credentials anymore as far as I know so I can't look up on TNs of mine on it, but willing to be was the same issue.

David Botton