From: manueledensenster@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Chess game in character over MS Windows
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 05:17:16 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-03-01T05:17:16-08:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:07:21 PM UTC+1, manueled...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have inserted the 12 Wide_Character into a string of length 12 but gnatmake say at the exécution : length check failed.
>
> Help me please.
>

> I have tested with UTF-8-auto-dos encoding with Emacs.
>
> With GPS in UTF-8 is the same problem.
>
> Thank you.

Sorry bis.
Ok, over MS Windows the problem is same over GPS or simple make with gnatmake and GtkAda.

My program is an chess game in text in a GtkAda project.
Sensibly the cocage of 12 Wide_Character is Ok.

But the Chess character are not printed.

I convert The literal Wide_Character with the line :

[code]

Locale_From_Utf8

		  (Ada.Strings.UTF_Encoding.Conversions.Convert
		     ("" & Images(Piece_Type'Pos(Piece)),
		      UTF_8)
		  )
[/code]