From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Windows LDAP group-user checking in Ada 95
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:38:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2012-02-16T12:38:54-08:00	[thread overview]

I need a function in Ada 95 (or in C, which a pragma import can be used with no problem - I must not use the -gnat05 switch) to check if a user is present in a LDAP network group.

For getting the username, I have the function (in Ada 95):

function GetUsername return String is
   function GetEnv (Variable : String) return Interfaces.C.Strings.chars_ptr;
   pragma Import (C, GetEnv, "getenv");

   Command : constant String := "USERNAME";
   Answer_Ptr : constant Interfaces.C.Strings.chars_ptr := GetEnv (Command);
   Answer : constant String := Interfaces.C.Strings.Value (Answer_Ptr);
begin
   return Answer;
end GetUsername;

So I need a function Check_LDAP_Authentication (Username : String) return Boolean. How can I do it?

In stackoverflow someone suggested AWS or Savanna, but I think include them in the app could also include an unnecessary complexity to the system, because I don't have to use other network features, just a network group checking.