From: Diogenes <phathax0r@gmail.com>
Subject: Kernel Syscall from Ada?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 01:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-06-23T01:36:20-07:00	[thread overview]

Is there a simple way to make a direct (Linux)Kernel syscall from Ada without using the system C library? i.e. Make a direct call as in Assembler?

I'm asking because I've found a way to strip about 80k from a statically linked executable by not including Interfaces.C in the runtime.

I've gotten my code to work reasonably well (no segfaults or memory errors) using inline Assembler. But it seems like there should be an Abstract or Generic "syscall" feature as part of the System library that we could use for doing our own Kernel calls. Same thing for the vDSO.

Any tips?

Diogenes