From: jamrice7@themall.net (James Rice)
Subject: Using Motif/AXI XmStringTable in ADA
Date: 1997/02/20
Date: 1997-02-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or not phrased well, I am not very
experienced with ADA or the AXI bindings.  I do know Motif though.

I am having a problem converting a Motif type to ADA, I am utilizing AXI Motif
bindings.  I want to get all selected items from a Listbox widget.  Motif in C
would return a StringTable, which is a pointer to some number of XmStrings,
which I can traverse like an array, accessing the indivual strings.  With the
bindings, I am returned a pointer, but how do I use it?  The relationship
between pointers and arrays, is definitely not the same in ADA as it is in C.
My question is, how do I get to the individual XmStrings in ADA.  Once I get a
XmString, the AXI version of StringGetLtoR( ) will convert the XmString to an
ADA String, so that is no problem.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jim.