From: jeremiah.breeden@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Gnoga Latest Updates
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:22:35 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-10-13T09:22:35-07:00	[thread overview]

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:49:29 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> Added an additional "plugin" jQuery
>

> You can now easily create jQuery queries and execute methods on the query using Gnoga.Gui.Plugin.jQuery
>

> This allows for things like, turn every DIV on a page azure blue:
>

>       Query.jQuery (Main_Window.Connection_ID, """div""");
>
>       Query.Execute ("css('background-color','azure')");
>

> A Note about directory structure in Gnoga:
>

> Gnoga.Gui - All client side gui related code
>
> Gnoga.Gui.Plugin - Bindings to client side 3rd party JavaScript libraries (jQuery, Ace Editor)
>
> Gnoga.Gui.Module - Future space for non-core or 3rd part Gnoga Gui code
>

> Gnoga.Types - Types
>

> Gnoga.Server - All server side Gnoga code (like database access, connectivity, etc.)
>
> Gnoga.Client - All client side Gnoga code  (browser persistent data, etc.)
>

> Gnoga.Application - Code for creating various types of Gnoga applications (Singleton, Multiconnect)

Question:  Is there currently or will there be a way to tell when the user closes the browser window or navigates to a different URL?

I am using Tutorial 2 as base example for this, but when a user does the following:

Starts Tutorial 2
Opens localhost:8080
closes the browser
Reopens localhost:8080

they get the error message:  Only one connection permitted.

I was hoping to catch the event for leaving the current browsing session, so I could terminate the current singleton, and then just start a new one so a fresh browsing session can be used mostly seamlessly.  Or alternately, just close out the program completely.

The reason for this is I am going to setup an applicationfor my users by automating the process of both starting the application and opening the browser (using the method you provide in the application package).  They aren't programmer types so they aren't going to want to have to control-C out of the application in a command shell each time they forget to click my "exit" button and instead close the browser.

I tried the On_Abort event, but it doesn't seem to call when the browser closes or you navigate to a different URL.  Is there something I can do.  I want this to be as seamless for my users as possible.

As a note, I know that Gnoga isn't officially released yet.  I am just in the planning stages, but wanted to bring this up early.