From: mhamel_98@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Concatenating files
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:51:29 -0700
Date: 2007-09-22T15:51:29-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi Jeff, I don't have any resources available in front of me, but I
always thought Direct_Io was essentially the same as Sequential_Io
save for the additional ability of retrieving, or reading, the "nth"
record without having to start from the beginning of the file.  Does
Direct_Io allow editing, or writing, of said "nth" record without
disrupting records written before or after?  Or, does Direct_Io allow
writing to the "nth" place? in which case I would start writing my
data starting at 2, for instance, then when complete, write the first,
or header record.